Cheap Barrel Racing Saddles For Serious Barrel Racers On A Budget
- The barrel saddles below are for sale on eBay.com, and have an actual price OR a current bid of $300.00 or less.
- The saddles are new and used.
- Control exactly what you spend with your bid.
- If the price shown is not the actual price but is instead the current bid, the winning bid could be higher. Shipping charges are usually extra.
- A cheap barrel racing saddle does not mean it has to be poorly made. If you shop wisely and patiently you can often find what you are looking for in good quality at a low price.
- New to eBay? See our one-page cowboy, eBay, crash course
(<<< this link will open in a new window).
Use the green arrows, below, to scroll through more results!
Buying A Barrel Racing Saddle On eBay
- Does the barrel saddle come with or without stirrups, cinches, latigos, billets, a breast collar, etc.? It would not be unusual for a cheap or expensive barrel saddle to sell without these items. Read the description carefully so you know exactly what you are, and are not, getting.
- Is the barrel saddle new or used? If the saddle is used, it's reasonable to expect it might have some defects of some kind. The seller should clearly describe any scratches, scuffs, tears, stains, etc., and show them in the pictures if possible.
Barrel racing is a competitive event in which a horse and rider run a cloverleaf pattern around three barrels. It is a timed event in which the fastest time wins. Though most recognized as a sport more commonly competed in by women than men, depending on what (if any) governing body sanctions a barrel race the rider may be either male or female.
In barrel racing, the rider has the choice of turning either the right or left barrel first. It is most common to take the right barrel first because most horses are naturally more athletic when working to their left. By taking the right barrel first the horse will have one right-hand turn (the first barrel), and two left-hand turns (the second and third barrels).
Our illustration to the right shows shows the barrel racing pattern with the right barrel being turned first.
In barrel racing, there can be penalties. For example, if a barrel racer knocks over a barrel a five second penalty is usually assessed. If a barrel racer "breaks the pattern" (which means they don't run around all three barrels in the manner described by the rules), or if they cross back across the start/finish line before the pattern is complete, they will receive a no time.
Saddles on eBay
Saddles By Type
Saddles By Maker