The saddles below are for sale on eBay, and have a current bid of $300 or less. A cheap saddle does not mean it has to be poorly made. If you shop wisely and patiently you can often find what you are looking for in good quality at a low price.
- The winning bid could be higher. Shipping charges are almost always extra.
- Control exactly what you spend with your bid.
- New to eBay? See our one-page cowboy, eBay, crash course (<<< this link will open in a new window).
Buying a saddle on eBay - check the description for:
- Is the saddle new or used?
- Are there several clear pictures of the saddle?
- If the seller claims the saddle is a certain brand or make, do the photos show a stamp or other mark on the saddle to back up their claim?
- Does anything come, or not come, with the saddle? For example, stirrups, latigos, billets, breast collars, back cinches, etc. may or may not be part of the sale. Read the description carefully so you know exactly what you are, and are not, getting.
- If the saddle is used, it is reasonable to assume that it may have some defects of some kind. The seller should clearly describe any scratches, scuffs, tears, stains, etc., and show them in the pictures if possible.
- What will the shipping charges be?
- What methods of payment does the seller accept?
- Check the "Seller info" area to view the seller's feedback rating. You can also read comments left by other buyers that have previously purchased items from that seller.
- If you have any questions be sure to ask the seller before you bid. Look for the "Ask a question" link in the "Questions and answers about this item" area to ask your questions.
New To eBay?
eBay is famous for its highly successful feedback system. Each item for sale on eBay shows the seller's feedback rating from previous eBay transactions in the "Seller info" area:
- 1 - This number shows how many transactions the seller has had on eBay.
- Since a seller on eBay can also be a buyer on eBay, this number includes transactions for both buying and selling.
- Click this number to see the seller's feedback information.
- Tip: When buying something on eBay it's a good idea to read the seller's feedback information. Make sure any seller you do business with has a lot of positive comments left for them as a seller, not just as a buyer.
2 - This is the seller's feedback rating. Feedback is left by other people on eBay who have purchased something from, or sold something to, this seller. The higher the number, the more positive the feedback rating is. The highest possible feedback rating is 100%.
Please note that the actual graphic on eBay might vary somewhat from the representation shown below.
If you have never bought a saddle or anything else on eBay before, you will need to register with them. Registering is FREE. eBay requires registration in order to attempt to verify your identity to keep eBay a safe place to buy and sell, and to make sure you are over 18 years of age.
Saddles on eBay
Saddles By Type
Saddles By Maker