Custom Canvas Wall Art
You can order custom canvas art, using your own photos, to create the perfect art for your home or office. Below is a selection of professionals on Amazon and eBay who offer this service. For a few good things to know before ordering, please scroll down underneath the custom art for sale.
Good Things To Know When Ordering Custom Canvas Wall Art
When ordering custom canvas art on Amazon or anywhere else, here are a few good things to know before placing your order.
Be careful of the word "custom."
- Some sellers on Amazon use the word "custom" to mean that you send them your photo and they make a piece of custom art just for you, from your photo.
- Other sellers, however, may use the word "custom" to mean they have taken a photograph or painting - that did not come from you - and they have customized it and put it on canvas. They consider it to be "custom" because of the uniqueness of the image, or the process they use to put it on canvas, or for other reasons.
Knowing what "custom" means from an Amazon seller isn't difficult: Simply read the product description to make sure they are offering a service where you send them your photo to be placed on canvas.
Flat or gallery wrap.
Some canvas wall art is flat, like a photo or painting. Other canvas wall art is what is commonly called "gallery wrap" or "stretched canvas." Gallery wrap is a way of stretching painted or printed canvas around wooden or plastic bars so that the bars are entirely covered and therefore invisible to the viewer. This gives the artwork an attractive depth, like a shallow box. Most custom canvas art we've seen on Amazon is the gallery wrap style, but don't take this for granted. Be sure to read the product description and look at the sample images closely to understand what it is you're ordering.
What's on the side?
The sides of a custom gallery wrap image can be:
- A continuation of the image (either an actual continuation, or a reflection of the art as it approaches the sides). In some cases a reflection is used because there isn't enough of the original photo to continue it around the sides.
- A solid color that compliments the art.
This is often something you do not need to specify when ordering your custom canvas, because the seller automatically uses a method they feel is best. However, if you have a preference, be sure to communicate this with the seller and make sure they can accommodate your choice.
Below: On this particular gallery wrap of a horse's face, the sides are a reflection of the photo as it approaches the sides. In this case, a reflection was used because there wasn't enough of the original photo to continue around the sides.
Below: Three horses on gallery wrap wall art. Notice the sides of the gallery wrap are a continuation of the photo, not a reflection as in the image above.
Thickness of the sides.
The thickness of the sides of canvas wall art varies (for example, somewhere between 1/2 inch to 1 3/4 inches is common). Usually, the smaller sizes (length and width) have the shallower sides, and the larger sizes have thicker sides. This is often something you do not need to specify when ordering your custom canvas because the seller automatically tailors it to the overall size of the art. However, If you should have a preference about the thickness of the sides be sure to communicate this with the seller and make sure they can accommodate your choice.
Save The Custom Wall Art For Later
If you find a seller with customized canvas wall art for sale but you're not ready to make a purchase right away, you can always add the item to your shopping cart so it will be easy to find later.
- In most cases, Amazon will keep track of your custom art, and anything else in your shopping cart, for 90 days.
- Later on, if you decide you don't want the item(s) after all, it's easy to click "delete" and remove them from your cart.
- In the meantime, if you want to check out with other items, click "Save for later" to move the items to a separate, but still easy-to-find list beneath your shopping cart.
Important: Putting items in your Amazon shopping cart or "Save for later" list does NOT reserve them! It just makes them easier to find if they're still in stock when you come back.
Below: Screenshot image showing the "delete" and "Save for later" links when an item is in the Amazon shopping cart.
You Might Also Like...
- Albert Bierstadt Posters
- American West Posters
- Bob Coronato Art
- Charles Russell posters, art prints, and more
- Cow Posters
- Cowboy Posters
- Cowgirl Posters
- David Stoecklein posters, art prints, and more
- Frederic Remington Posters / Art
- Horse Decorative Art
- Jack Sorenson Posters
- Longhorn Cow Posters
- Rodeo Posters
- Canvas Art
- Cardboard Standups
- Horse Posters
Link To This Page
If you found this page useful or interesting and would like to link to it from your own website or blog, you can use the small code snippet below to make a link. Thanks!
Use ctrl+C in Windows or command+C on a Mac to copy the link.
Below: Like and share this page on Facebook!