Horse Trailers For Sale On eBay
Below are horse trailers, new and used, for sale on eBay. Please scroll down for some good things to know before buying a horse trailer on eBay.
Use the green arrows, below, to scroll through more results!
Buying A Horse Trailer On eBay
Most or all of the items below should be clearly mentioned in the trailer's description. If not, you may need to ask the seller a question before considering purchasing the trailer.
- What year is the horse trailer?
- Is it new or used?
- What brand, make or model is it?
- Is it a bumper pull, gooseneck, or fifth wheel?
- If the trailer is used, how used is it?
- Is it a "fixer-upper?"
- Is it in good shape, ready for use?
- What is the condition of the floor?
- What are the condition of the tires? If the trailer is a good deal you may not really care about how good the tires are, but unless you plan on putting on different tires before moving it, the tires should at least be good enough to get the trailer home.
- What are the measurements, inside and outside, of the horse trailer (height, width, etc.)?
- Is there a tack room and/or living quarters?
- Are there enough clear photos of the trailer, inside and out, that you can get a good look at everything you want to see? If not, you may need to ask the seller for additional photos.
- Don't assume anything is included with the trailer, like mats. The description should clearly state what is included. If it's not mentioned, don't jump to conclusions about what else you may be getting. If in doubt, ask the seller a question.
- Does the trailer have any defects? The seller should clearly describe any dents, rust, scratches, scuffs, tears, stains, etc., and show them in the pictures if possible.
- Where is the trailer located? Will you have to pick it up, or can
the seller deliver it?
- If the seller can deliver the horse trailer, what will the extra charge for delivery be?
- Will there be any taxes or additional fees due?
- What methods of payment will be accepted?
- Will the entire payment be due when you make your purchase, or will you put down a deposit then pay the balance at a later time? Note: It is not uncommon for balances due to be accepted in cash or cashier's check only.
- Every eBay item for sale has a "Seller info" area. Be sure to check this area to view the feedback rating that previous buyers have left for that particular seller. There is also an area where a potential buyer can read comments left by previous buyers.
- eBay offers a free buyer protection plan for many items such as horse trailers. Be sure to read the details and eligibility under "eBay Buyer Protection" when looking at a horse trailer on eBay.
- If you have any questions be sure to ask the seller before you bid. Look for the "Ask a question" link in the "Questions and answers about this item" area to ask your questions.
At right is a "bumper hitch" horse trailer. Logically enough, "bumper hitch" means the trailer is attached to the bumper of the towing vehicle.
A horse trailer can also have a "gooseneck" hitch or a "fifth wheel" hitch. Both of these types of hitches attach to the towing vehicle in the bed, not on the bumper. If you're unfamiliar with gooseneck and/or fifth wheel hitches, you can see our articles here (the links will open in a new window):
Also on eBay