Saddles With Full Quarter Horse Bars
The term "full Quarter Horse bars" is an expression used to describe saddle tree bars made to fit a horse with a wide, stocky, or thick build. It's important to know that saddles with full Quarter Horse bars are for any breed of horse, not just Quarter Horses. For more information, please scroll down for a brief article beneath the saddles for sale.
At right: The green arrow represents the width of the saddle tree, and the blue arrows represent the angle of the saddle bars. Saddles with full Quarter Horse bars have wide, or flat, angles.
The full Quarter Horse bars saddles below are from HorseSaddleShop.com
About saddles and other items from HorseSaddleShop.com:
- Shipping Fees: All orders over $150.00 ship FREE in the continental US!
- Shipping Speed: Saddles and other items are almost always in stock and ship fast!
- Current Prices: After clicking on the link to each item below, prices and shipping availability will be clearly shown.
- Checkout: There is no need to register at HorseSaddleShop.com to make a purchase. After putting the item(s) you want in your shopping cart you simply proceed to checkout and fill in a simple, one-page order form.
About Full Quarter Horse Bars
There are three common terms often used to describe the bars in a Western saddle. Even though all three of the terms have the words "Quarter Horse" in them, they are used to describe saddles intended for use on any breed, not just Quarter Horses. The three terms, along with a brief description of each, are:
- Semi-quarter horse bars have the narrowest saddle tree and the steepest bar angles.
- Quarter horse bars are wider and have slightly flatter bar angles.
- Full quarter horse bars (sometimes abbreviated as FQH or FQHB) have the widest tree with the flattest bar angles
It's important to know that a saddle with full Quarter Horse bars made by one saddle maker might have a different tree width and bar angle than a saddle with full Quarter Horse bars from a different saddle maker. This is because there is not an industry wide standard for these terms, and each saddle tree maker sets their own standards.
Full Quarter Horse Bars And Saddle Fit
The saddle tree, whether it has full Quarter Horse bars or some other type, is made to fit the horse, not the rider. The saddle seat is a separate manner. As shown in this photo, saddles can have trees to fit large, mature horses, but seats to fit even very small riders.
While accidents can always happen for a variety of reasons, proper saddle fit can go a long way to prevent a saddle from slipping out of place.
Saddles From HorseSaddleShop
Saddles By Type
Saddles By Maker
Other Good Stuff From HorseSaddleShop
New To Horse Saddle Shop?
Read our super-short intro on how to buy from their website. Hint: It's really easy - you don't even need to register!