The Martha Josey Hiphugger barrel saddle by Circle Y is available in a regular or wide tree, and antique or regular oil. It is also offered in a round or square skirt. This saddle bears the prestigious endorsement of multiple World Champion barrel racer Martha Josey. Among a long list of accomplishments in her barrel racing career, Mrs. Josey has qualified for the National Finals Rodeo (NFR) in barrel racing for four consecutive decades. (Yes, you read that correctly: Decades.) For more information about Martha Josey and her Hiphugger barrel saddle please scroll down beneath the saddles for sale.
Below: A Josey Circle Y Hiphugger barrel saddle from Horse Saddle Shop. Shown here with a round skirt; it also comes with a square skirt.
HorseSaddleShop.com image. Used with permission.
Shopping For the Circle Y Martha Josey Hiphugger
The Circle Y Martha Josey Hiphugger barrel saddles below are for sale from HorseSaddleShop.
- Click on any saddle to see available options, if any, for seat size, tree, etc.
About The Martha Josey Hiphugger On HorseSaddleShop
- HorseSaddleShop is one of the largest saddle dealers in the country. Almost every
saddle they carry is in stock and ships the same day.
- Most of the saddles shown are new, but some might be used.
- Shipping is almost always included in the price for locations in the continental USA.
- Some saddles by HorseSaddleShop are listed twice. Why? It’s because HorseSaddleShop is one business (located in Bremen, Indiana), with two websites (HorseSaddleShop.com and eSaddles.com), and they often show the same saddle on both websites. In case one website would have a better deal on a saddle, saddles from both websites are shown.
In the list of saddles below please note this saddle may be offered in a round or square skirt.
About The Josey Hiphugger
Here is more information about the Martha Josey Hiphugger barrel racing saddle by Circle Y:
- Tree: Regular or wide
- Color: Antique or regular oil
- Skirt: Round or square
- Tooling: Tooling with roughout jockey and fenders
- Rigging: Rawhide, in-skirt
- Horn: 4 inch, forward slanted
- Stirrups: 3 inches with aluminum rubber grips
- Weight: Approximately 26 – 28 pounds
World Class Circle Y Saddles
The world-class saddles and other tack made by Circle Y has allowed it to sponsor some of the finest names known in Western riding circles, such as:
- Julie Goodnight (English and Western rider and clinician with experience in reining, colt starting, dressage, jumping, cutting, and more; and star of her own television show “Horse Master With Julie Goodnight”).
- World champion barrel racer Martha Josey is a multiple world champion, an inductee into the Cowgirl Hall of Fame, and qualified for the National Finals Rodeo (NFR) in barrel racing for four consecutive decades. That’s decades, not years. In 1964 Josey and her great gelding, Cebe Reed, won 7 horse trailers and 52 barrel races in a row. Josey went to the National Finals Rodeo on Cebe in 1968 and 1969. A few years later Martha and another great gelding, Sonny Bit O’Both, qualified for the NFR for four straight years, from 1978 to 1981. In 1980 Sonny earned the distinction of being the only horse in history to win the American Quarter Horse Association (AQHA) and Women’s Professional Rodeo Association (WPRA) World championship titles in the same year.
- World champion barrel racer Kelly Kaminski (five-time National Finals Rodeo qualifier in barrel racing, two-time world champion barrel racer, and two-time reserve world champion barrel racer).
- World champion cowboy mounted shooter Kenda Lenseigne.
You might also like: