Breyer Model Horses
New and pre-owned Breyer model horses for sale. There are also model horse accessories from tack to display racks and more.
All Breyer models begin as an artist's sculpture, then are handcrafted and hand-painted with both airbrushes and paintbrushes. Approximately 20 different artisans handle each individual Breyer model from start to finish in a process done by human hands, not machines, resulting in the realism and authenticity that has made Breyer model horses so famous.
Below: A collection of model horses, most of them Breyer horses, for sale at an equine trade show.
Beautifully detailed and handcrafted, Breyer model horses are loved by children as toys and by adults as collector's items.
From eBay and Amazon
Understanding Breyer Model Horse Sizes
Breyer model horses come in different sizes, such as Traditional and Stablemate. Below is a brief guide to each size.
- Classic size: 1:12 scale
- Paddock Pal size: 1:20 scale
- Stablemate size: 1:32 scale
- Traditional size: 1:9 scale
Breyer Model Horse Talk
Ever wondered what all those descriptions like "OOAK" mean? Ever wondered what the difference is between a Breyer "regular run" and "special run"? If so, the information below might help you out. Please note that not all sellers might not use abbreviations an acronyms in the same way. If you have any doubts or questions contact the seller before you bid or buy.
- BF - Breyerfest, an annual model horse collector's convention held in Lexington, KY
- CL - Breyer Classic sized. This means the horse was made on a 1:12 scale.
- CM - Customized model
- Companion Animal - Breyer introduced its Companion Animals in 1999. These are model cats, dogs, goats, and other animals designed to be companions to Breyer's traditional and classic sized models. Breyer discontinued its Companion Animals in 2006.
- CWP - Breyer Cantering Welsh Pony
- CHALKY or CHALKIE- Breyer model with a white base coat
- CLARAB - Breyer Classic sized Arabian
- CLASS - Breyer Classic sized. This means the horse was made on a 1:12 scale.
- COND - Condition
- CUST - Customized model
- DCM - Drastic customized model
- Drastic - Drastic customized model
- DISC - Discontinued / retired
- FAF - Breyer Family Arabian Foal
- FAM - Breyer Family Arabian Mare
- FAS - Breyer Family Arabian Stallion
- Glossies - Models with a glossy, shiny finish
- Goldie Oldie - Breyer decorator models, gold or blue in different patterns
- LP - Breyer Lady Phase mold
- LSQ - Live Show Quality. This usually means the condition of the model is good enough, in the seller's opinion, that it can place well in a "live" model horse show. This is a very subjective term.
- MIB - Mint condition, in the box
- NIB - New in box. Usually the same as BNIB (brand new in box).
- NRFB - Never Removed From Box
- OOAK - One of a kind
- OF - Original finish, also called factory finish
- PAF - Breyer Proud Arabian Foal
- PAM - Breyer Proud Arabian Mare
- PAS - Breyer Proud Arabian Stallion
- PSQ - Photo Show Quality. This usually means the condition of the model is not as good as LSQ or Live Show Quality. This is a very subjective term.
- RR or Regular Run - Regular Run Breyer models are models that are available for sale through any retail or online seller of Breyer models.
- Retired - Discontinued
- SBW - Breyer Saddlebred Weanling
- SHF - Breyer Stock Horse Foal
- SHM - Breyer Stock Horse Mare
- SHS - Breyer Stock Horse Stallion
- SR or Special Run - Special Run models are Breyer models that are made for an individual company or seller. For example, JC Penney, Sears, Tractor Supply Company and Rural King are all retailers that have carried special run Breyer models. In addition, some horse model shows sponsored by Breyer may have a special run of Breyer models for sale for people in attendance at the show.
- SSHF - Breyer Standing Stock Horse Foal
- T/U - Touch Up, minor restoration to an original finish model
- TR - Test run. Often one of a kind
- TRAD - Traditional (usually refers to size). For a Breyer model horse, this means the horse was made on a 1:9 scale.
- WOODIE - A model painted to look like it is made of wood
You Might Also Like...