Cowboy Canvas Artwork
Below is cowboy canvas wall art for sale. Canvas has been a favorite medium for art work for centuries. Please scroll down for more information on canvas art.
Some of the art work below are classics from artists of yesteryear. Other choices, however, are from more recent artists. You'll typically find an excellent selection of paintings and photography. You might also like Horse Canvas Wall art.
Below: A Longhorn cow on gallery wrap canvas. This one's available on Etsy.
Please note: While most of the artwork below is canvas wall art, some of it is not. Please check the item's description carefully to make sure it is canvas wall art.
From eBay and Etsy
More Western/Cowboy Canvas Wall Art
Premium Thick-Wrap Canvas Wall Art Print - Cowboy On Horse Trying To Lasso Wild Horses
Our proprietary canvas provides a classic and distinctive texture. It is acid free and specially developed for our giclee print platforms. Each premium canvas gallery wrap finished with a closed back preventing dust collection inside the back of the wrap. The back includes a pre-installed, ready-to-hang sawtooth hardware. Our stylish framed wraps also come with pre-installed hanging hardware built into the frame, along with felt protective bumpers.
About Canvas Art
Canvas wall art is what is sounds like: Art work on canvas suitable for displaying on a wall.
Some canvas wall art, however, is a bit different. While it is still artwork on canvas, it might also be what is commonly called "canvas gallery wrap," "gallery canvas wrap," or simply "gallery wrap" art.
Gallery wrap is a way of stretching painted or printed canvas over wooden or plastic bars so that the bars are entirely covered and therefore invisible to the viewer. This gives the artwork an attractive depth, like a shallow box, with the sides usually being a continuation of the image (either an actual continuation, or a shallow reflection of the art as it approaches the sides).
If the sides are not a continuation of the image they are typically a solid color that compliments the art. The thickness of the sides of canvas wall art varies, but somewhere between 1/2 inch to 1 3/4 inches is common.
With gallery wrap a frame and/or matting is not necessary or used. Gallery wrap art provides a clean, attractive, look whereby the viewer's attention is drawn solely to the art. The texture of the canvas contributes a gently textured, realistic look to the image.
Gallery wrap art is typically very lightweight making it easy to hang almost anywhere, including areas where conventional framed artwork would be too heavy.
In addition, since the canvas is stretched over the front and sides of the hidden bars beneath, but not the back, the back of the gallery wrap is hollow. This allows it not only to be hung on smooth walls, but also on walls that have blemishes that might cause framed artwork to bulge or hank crooked. The hollow back of the gallery wrap also allows it to cover other items on a wall that may not be aesthetically pleasing, such as a breaker box.
When shopping for canvas wall art, keep in mind:
- Not all canvas wall art is gallery wrap. Some is simply a canvas sheet, like paper, only canvas.
- Not all gallery wrap art is ready to hang! Most of it is, but in some cases (especially with larger sizes of art work) the seller may ship the canvas art along with the bars, but not mounted on the bars. In these cases it's up to you to stretch the canvas over the bars. This helps save money on shipping charges.
Save The Canvas Art For Later
If you find a piece of cowboy canvas wall art for sale on Etsy that you like but you're not ready to purchase it right away, you can always add it to your shopping cart so it will be easy to find later.
- In most cases, Etsy will keep track of items in your cart for 30 days.
- In the meantime, if you want to check out with other items you can click on "Save for later" to move specific items to a separate, but still easy-to-find list beneath your shopping cart.
- Also, if you put items into your Etsy shopping cart but don't check out after 30 days, Etsy will automatically move your items to the "Save for later" area beneath your cart. When you're ready to actually purchase any of these items, simply click "Move to cart" to put them back into your shopping cart and check out.
Important: Putting items in your Etsy shopping cart or "Save for later" list does NOT reserve them! It just makes them easier to find if they're still available when you come back.
Below: Screenshot image showing the "Save for later" and "Remove" links when an item is in the Etsy shopping cart.
You Might Also Like...
- Albert Bierstadt Posters
- American West Posters
- Bob Coronato Art
- Charles Russell posters, art prints, and more
- Cow Posters
- Cowboy Posters
- Cowgirl Posters
- David Stoecklein posters, art prints, and more
- "Everything Will Kill You So Choose Something Fun" - Horse or Rodeo Versions
- Frederic Remington Posters / Art
- Horse Decorative Art
- Jack Sorenson Posters
- Longhorn Cow Posters
- Rodeo Posters
- Canvas Art
- Cardboard Cutouts / Standups
- Horse Posters