Frederic Remington Posters and Art
Below is a wonderful selection of Frederic Remington art prints, posters, and other art.
Below: Frederic Remington's painting "Aiding A Comrade."
Frederic Remington (1861-1909) was an American artist whose paintings and sculptures focused on and embodied the "cowboy era" of the American West.
Remington's artwork, like that of Charles Russell, is an American treasure that is respected world wide. Frederic Remington's middle name was Sackrider. For more information on Frederic Remington please see the bottom of this page.
From eBay, Etsy, and Amazon
About Frederic Remington
Frederic Remington was born in New York state. He attended several military schools as a child, and received his first formal drawing classes at age 11.
From an early age Frederic had shown a great fondness for drawing, but in those early years he did not plan on making a living as an artist.
At age 17 Frederic attended Yale University for about a year and a half where he continued to show a fondness for drawing, preferring to use his talents to draw football players over the still life subjects offered in class.
At age 19 he made the first of several trips into the American West, and though he would continue to live in the Eastern part of the country, it was his love of the West that would take seed and flourish in his art.
Below: Remington's "Dash For Timber."
After attempting careers as a sheep rancher in Kansas and as an investor in a hardware store and saloon, Frederic began to earnestly apply himself as an artist, rising to fame for his vivid portrayals of the American West. He was particularly well known for portraying cowboys, American Indians, and the United States Cavalry. He died in his Connecticut home in 1909 at the young age of 48 from peritonitis following an emergency appendectomy.
Frederic Remington Trivia
- Frederic Remington's middle name was Sackrider, which was his mother's maiden name (Clara Bascomb Sackrider).
- Frederic Remington's father, Seth Pierre Remington, was a colonel in the Civil War.
- In 1886 Frederic attended art classes at Art Students League in New York, New York. He had had previous art classes at age 11 and also while attending Yale University.
- In 1887 Frederic received a commission to do illustrations for the book "Ranch Life And The Hunting Trail" by Theodore Roosevelt. The book was first published as a serial in "The Century Magazine" magazine.
- His first one-man art show was in 1890 at the American Art Galleries.
- Frederic Remington completed 22 sculptures, the first of which was "Broncho Buster," copyrighted in 1895.
Save The Remington For Later
If you find a Frederic Remington poster, art print, or sculpture for sale on Etsy that you like but you're not ready to purchase it right away, you can always add it to your shopping cart so it will be easy to find later.
- In most cases, Etsy will keep track of items in your cart for 30 days.
- In the meantime, if you want to check out with other items you can click on "Save for later" to move specific items to a separate, but still easy-to-find list beneath your shopping cart.
- Also, if you put items into your Etsy shopping cart but don't check out after 30 days, Etsy will automatically move your items to the "Save for later" area beneath your cart. When you're ready to actually purchase any of these items, simply click "Move to cart" to put them back into your shopping cart and check out.
Important: Putting items in your Etsy shopping cart or "Save for later" list does NOT reserve them! It just makes them easier to find if they're still available when you come back.
Below: Screenshot image showing the "Save for later" and "Remove" links when an item is in the Etsy shopping cart.
You Might Also Like...
- Albert Bierstadt Posters
- American West Posters
- Bob Coronato Art
- Charles Russell posters, art prints, and more
- Cow Posters
- Cowboy Posters
- Cowgirl Posters
- David Stoecklein posters, art prints, and more
- "Everything Will Kill You So Choose Something Fun" - Horse or Rodeo Versions
- Frederic Remington Posters / Art
- Horse Decorative Art
- Jack Sorenson Posters
- Longhorn Cow Posters
- Rodeo Posters
- Canvas Art
- Cardboard Cutouts / Standups
- Horse Posters