Frederic Remington Posters and Art
Below is a wonderful selection of Frederic Remington art prints, posters, and other art from Amazon and eBay.
Frederic Remington (1861-1909) was an American artist whose paintings and sculptures focused on and embodied the "cowboy era" of the American West. Remington's artwork, like that of Charles Russell, is an American treasure that is respected world wide. Frederic Remington's middle name was Sackrider. For more information on Frederic Remington please see the bottom of this page.
From eBay and Amazon
Frederic RemingtonFrederic Remington was born in New York state. He attended several military schools as a child, and received his first formal drawing classes at age 11. From an early age Frederic had shown a great fondness for drawing, but in those early years he did not plan on making a living as an artist.
At age 17 Frederic attended Yale University for about a year and a half where he continued to show a fondness for drawing, preferring to use his talents to draw football players over the still life subjects offered in class. At age 19 he made the first of several trips into the American West, and though he would continue to live in the Eastern part of the country, it was his love of the West that would take seed and flourish in his art.
After attempting careers as a sheep rancher in Kansas and as an investor in a hardware store and saloon, Frederic began to earnestly apply himself as an artist, rising to fame for his vivid portrayals of the American West. We was particularly well known for portraying cowboys, American Indians, and the United States Cavalry. He died in his Connecticut home in 1909 at the young age of 48 from peritonitis following an emergency appendectomy.
Frederic Remington Trivia
- Frederic Remington's middle name was Sackrider, which was his mother's maiden name (Clara Bascomb Sackrider).
- Frederic Remington's father, Seth Pierre Remington, was a colonel in the Civil War.
- In 1886 Frederic attended art classes at Art Students League in New York, New York. He had had previous art classes at age 11 and also while attending Yale University.
- In 1887 Frederic received a commission to do illustrations for the book "Ranch Life And The Hunting Trail" by Theodore Roosevelt. The book was first published as a serial in "The Century Magazine" magazine.
- His first one-man art show was in 1890 at the American Art Galleries.
- Frederic Remington completed 22 sculptures, the first of which was "Broncho Buster," copyrighted in 1895.
Save The Art For Later
If you find a piece of Frederic Remington art for sale that you like on Amazon but you're not ready to purchase it right away, you can always add it to your shopping cart so it will be easy to find later.
- In most cases, Amazon will keep track of your art, and anything else in your shopping cart, for 90 days.
- Later on, if you decide you don't want the item(s) after all, it's easy to click "delete" and remove them from your cart.
- In the meantime, if you want to check out with other items, click "Save for later" to move the art to a separate, but still easy-to-find list beneath your shopping cart.
Important: Putting items in your Amazon shopping cart or "Save for later" list does NOT reserve them! It just makes them easier to find if they're still in stock when you come back.
Below: Screenshot image showing the "delete" and "Save for later" links when an item is in the Amazon shopping cart.
You Might Also Like...
- Albert Bierstadt Posters
- American West Posters
- Bob Coronato Art
- Charles Russell posters, art prints, and more
- Cow Posters
- Cowboy Posters
- Cowgirl Posters
- David Stoecklein posters, art prints, and more
- Frederic Remington Posters / Art
- Horse Decorative Art
- Jack Sorenson Posters
- Longhorn Cow Posters
- Rodeo Posters
- Canvas Art
- Cardboard Cutouts / Standups
- Horse Posters