Bucking Rolls For Sale
Below are cowboy bucking rolls for sale on eBay. Please scroll down for a short article on bucking rolls, and a brief description of how to mount bucking rolls on a saddle. Looking for more cowboy gear? You might also like night latches.
Bucking Rolls Basics
Bucking rolls are a piece of equipment sometimes added to the front of a saddle. They act as a supplement to the saddle's swells to help the rider stay in the saddle when a horse is bucking or during other rough riding. They can be used on most any style of Western saddle but are most commonly found on "slick fork" styles of saddles.
Bucking rolls are designed to be easily put on or removed. On Western saddles there are typically two screws toward the front of the saddle (see photo, below right) that are simply unscrewed, then the bucking rolls are put into place and the screws are put back in. Conchos and/or saddle strings are sometimes used in place of the screws.
Below: Bucking rolls on a saddle.
A saddle without bucking rolls. The yellow arrow is pointing to one of two screws (there is another one on the opposite side of the saddle) commonly used to attach bucking rolls to a saddle. Note: This particular saddle has prominents swells and is not likely to be a saddle that a rider would attach bucking rolls to.
Bucking Rolls Options
Bucking rolls can come plain or tooled, made from a variety of different types of leathers, in different colors, with or without decorative stitching, with different sizes of rolls that have different kinds of stuffing inside, and other variations. Choosing a style of bucking rolls is a lot like choosing a headstall, breast collar, saddle, or any other piece of cowboy equipment: A lot of it simply comes down to personal preference.
A good eBay seller will give you information about the bucking rolls they are selling such as their width and length, the size of the rolls (sometimes actual inch measurements are given or sometimes more generic terms such as "medium" or "large" are used), the type of leather and stuffing the bucking rolls are made of, and a good general description (color, stitching, etc.). Good eBay sellers will also provide at least one very good picture of the bucking rolls. If you have any questions, always ask the seller your questions before you bid or buy.
Good Things To Know Before You Buy
- Does the seller have a good feedback rating?
- What forms of payment does the seller accept?
- Does the seller ship to your location?
- How much will shipping be?
- Will the seller ship promptly?
- Is shipping insurance optional or required?
- Does the seller accept returns or exchanges?
- Every eBay item for sale has a "Seller info" area. Be sure to check this area to view the feedback rating that previous buyers have left for that particular seller. There is also an area where a potential buyer can read comments left by previous buyers.
- If you have never bought anything on eBay before, you will need to register with them. Registering is FREE. eBay requires registration in order to attempt to verify your identity to keep eBay a safe place to buy and sell, and to make sure you are over 18 years of age.
Also on eBay