National Finals Rodeo (NFR) Tickets
The National Finals Rodeo (NFR) is a grueling, 10 day long rodeo where the top-qualifying contestants in each of seven events compete for cash, prizes, and World Champion titles.
Below are NFR tickets for sale on eBay and other locations. The National Finals Rodeo is held annually during the first part of December, and since 1985 has been held at the Thomas and Mack Center in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Since 2001 the National Finals Rodeo (NFR) has been more correctly referred to as the Wrangler National Finals Rodeo (WNFR) when the Wrangler corporation became the rodeo's title sponsor. For information and trivia about the first NFR please scroll down beneath the tickets for sale.
Below: A sign welcoming people to Las Vegas, Nevada, the home of the National Finals Rodeo since 1985.
Below are National Finals Rodeo (NFR)tickets for sale on eBay. Most of the tickets are for seating at the upcoming NFR, but some of them are souvenirs from years past.
Other Places To Find NFR Tickets
While eBay often has an excellent selection of National Finals Rodeo tickets you can also find them at other locations, including:
- Ticket City - National Finals Rodeo tickets at Ticket City
- Tickets Now - National Finals Rodeo tickets at Tickets Now
About The First National Finals Rodeo
The first National Finals Rodeo (NFR) was held in December, 1959 in the Livestock Coliseum on the fairgrounds of the State Fair of Texas in Dallas, TX. It was sanctioned by the Rodeo Cowboys Association (RCA), an organization formerly known as the Cowboys’ Turtle Association and that would later be known as the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association (PRCA).
The top 15 contestants (as determined by money earned at rodeos during the regular, 11 month rodeo season prior to NFR) in each of the 5 standard rodeo events were qualified to compete at the first NFR.
At that time, the 5 standard rodeo events were:
- Bareback bronc riding
- Calf roping (later known as tie-down roping)
- Saddle bronc riding
- Steer wresting
- Bull riding
Prize Money At The First National Finals Rodeo
The 69 contestants at the first NFR (see below) competed for entry fee money plus $57,500 added by the State Fair of Texas.
Contestants At The First National Finals Rodeo
There were a total of 69 contestants from the United States and Canada competing at the first NFR. The number of contests from each state and Canada were:
- Arizona - 5
- California - 5
- Colorado - 2
- Idaho - 5
- Louisiana - 1
- Montana - 2
- Nebraska - 1
- Nevada - 2
- New Mexico - 6
- North Dakota - 3
- Oklahoma - 12
- Oregon - 1
- South Dakota - 1 (Casey Tibbs)
- Texas - 14
- Utah - 1
- Washington - 2
- Wisconsin - 1
- Wyoming - 2
- Canada - 3
National Finals Rodeo World Champions - 1959
The World Champions at the 1959 National Finals Rodeo (as determined by the most money earned during the regular season plus winnings at the NFR) were:
- Bareback Bronc Riding - Jack Buschbom, Wisconsin
- Steer Wresting - Harry Charter, Idaho
- Bull Riding - Jim Shoulders, Oklahoma
- Calf Roping - Jim Bob Altizer, Texas
- Saddle Bronc Riding - Casey Tibbs, South Dakota
The all-around championship (the most money earned in 2 or more events) was won by Jim Shoulders, Oklahoma.
National Finals Rodeo Locations
- 1959 through 1961 - Dallas, TX
- 1962 through 1964 - Los Angeles, CA
- 1965 through 1984 - Oklahoma City, OK
- 1985 through 2019 - Las Vegas, NV
- 2020 - *Arlington, TX
- 2021 - Scheduled to return to Las Vegas, NV
* In 2020, state and local restrictions related to the Covid 19 pandemic prevented the NFR from being held in Las Vegas, NV. It was moved to Arlington, Texas where it was held at Globe Life Field, a baseball park that serves as the home ballpark of the Texas Rangers baseball team. Globe Life underwent a major, if temporary, transformation to provide a location for the 2020 NFR.
Below: 5-time World Champion steer wrester Luke Branquinho competes in the steer wresting during the third round of the 2004 National Finals Rodeo. He won World Champion titles in 2004, 2008, 2011, 2012, and 2014.
By Mike Copeman [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons
Below: The Marine Corps Mounted Color Guard rehearsing for the 2012 National Finals Rodeo.
By Lance Cpl. Samuel Ranney (https://www.dvidshub.net/image/804312) [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons
You Might Also Like...
- Bucking Rolls
- Camping Dutch Ovens
- Carousel Horses - Full Size
- Cowboy Cuffs
- Cowboy Night Latches
- Cowboy Zippos
- Dallas Cowboys Tickets
- Defender Locking Gooseneck Couplers
- Elk Hides
- Hoofjack Hoof Stands
- Horn Wraps
- Horse iPhone Cases
- Horse Tire Swings
- National Finals Rodeo (NFR) Tickets
- Pole Bending Bases
- Shoo Flies
- Skidmore's Leather Cream
- Stampede Strings