Longhorn Cow Skulls For Sale
Below are Longhorn cow skulls for sale on eBay. There are also other cow and animal skulls for sale. Some of the skulls are natural, while others are painted, carved, or otherwise decorated in some way. Most of the ones we have seen are completed and ready to ship, but some of them can be customized and therefore will take longer before they are ready to ship to you.
Please scroll down for good things to know before buying a Longhorn cow skull, or any skull, on eBay.
Below: The skull from a Longhorn cow.
Below are eBay sellers offering Longhorn skulls for sale and/or other animal skulls. Or, click here to see Longhorn cow skulls directly on eBay. (Please note this might include real skulls, faux skulls, and other items such as jewelry of cow skulls, etc.)
Tips For Buying Longhorn Cow Skulls
Here are some good things to know before buying a cow skull on eBay or anywhere else:
- Is the skull real or faux? We've seen a lot of both on eBay and other websites. Real skulls that are clean and in good-to-excellent condition can be hard to find, which is why faux skulls have become so popular. Many faux skulls are beautiful and can be difficult to tell from the real thing.
- Most people call any skull with large horns a "Longhorn" skull although it might not actually be from a Longhorn - it could be from some other breed of cattle. Also, calling a skull a "cow" skull is usually just a generic term: the skull could be from a cow, heifer, steer, or bull.
- Sometimes, but not always, the horns will be detached from the skull for shipment. This makes for a smaller, less expensive package to ship. If this is the case for a skull you would like to buy, most sellers make putting the horns back on the skull easy to do.
- Is the skull ready to hang?
- How long after you place your order will it take for the skull to be shipped to you?
- Where will the skull be shipped from?
- What will the shipping charges be?
- What forms of payment does the seller accept?
- Are returns accepted, or refunds given? Each seller is different and sets their own policies. If you don't see the information be sure to ask the seller what their policies are before placing an order.
- Does the seller have good feedback from previous buyers who have purchased from them?
eBay can be one of the best places around to find a really terrific cow skull, but understanding what you are, and are not getting, with your purchase is key to a happy transaction. If you have any questions about a Longhorn cow skull be sure to ask the seller before you bid or buy. Look for the "Ask a Question" link underneath the skull's description.
About Longhorn Cow Skulls and the Texas Twist
Most people know that the word "Longhorn" is a shortened version of the phrase Texas Longhorn, the name of a breed of cattle. Longhorns are a hardy breed that descended from Spanish cattle brought by explorers in the 1400s to the southern part of what would later become the United States, predominantly in what is now Texas. Longhorns are known for their ability to thrive in tough conditions, their lean meat, bright coat patterns, and especially for their exceptionally long horns.
What many people don't know, however, is that in the Longhorn breed it is the cows and/or steers that have traditionally grown the showiest horns. Most people who prize the natural beauty of a Longhorn skull not only want the exceptional overall length produced by Longhorns, but they also want the "Texas Twist," the farmous, twisty growth pattern associated with Longhorn horns. Longhorn bulls, while still growing a magnificent set of horns, typically grow horns that are open and wide without the famed Texas Twist.
Below is a photo of a Longhorn cow with beautiful, long horns showing the Texas Twist. At one time Longhorn cows and/or steers were prized for horn growth that grew mostly up, instead of out, with a pronounced Texas Twist. The cow in the photo was born after that trend and is growing horns that grow more outward than up, and with a milder Texas Twist.
Below: A Longhorn cow with a mild, but definite, Texas Twist.
You Might Also Like...
- Antler Chandeliers
- Antler Lamps
- Boot Butler
- Boot Scrapers
- Carousel Horses - Full Size
- Carved Animal Skulls
- Clocks, Western
- Cowboy Bedspreads
- Cowboy Candle Holders
- Cowboy Dinner Bells
- Cowboy Dishes
- Cowhide Pillows
- Cowboy Metal Wall Art
- Cowboy Towel Racks
- Cowboy Zippos
- Cow Skulls
- Elk Meat
- Horn Chairs
- Lamps, Western
- Horse Cutting Boards
- Horse Molds
- Horse Quilts
- Horse Rugs
- Horseshoe Decor
- Horse Wallpaper Border
- Lamps, Antler
- Musical Carousel Horses
- Party Supplies
- Shower Curtains
- Wagon Wheel Chandeliers
- Wagon Wheel Wall Decor
- Wagon Wheel Yard Decor
- Wall Decals
- Western Clocks
- Western Dishes
- Western Lamps
- Western Towels
Link To This Page
If you found this page useful or interesing and would like to link to it from your own website or blog, you can use the small code snippet below to make a link. Thanks!
Use ctrl+C in Windows or command+C on a Mac to copy the link.
Below: Like and share this page on Facebook!