Bridle and Breast Collar Sets
Below are matching or coordinating bridles and breast collars sold in sets for sale.
Actually, most of the items below are headstall and breast collar sets. Loosely defined, a headstall is a bridle without the bit (or nose piece, etc.). For more information on bridles and headstalls please scroll down underneath the items for sale.
Below: A matching bridle and breast collar set on a ranch horse.
From eBay and Etsy
Below: Bridles and breast collars that come in sets range from the mild to the wild! Love the fringe? See fringed bridle and breast collars sets on Etsy.
A Bridle Is...
A bridle is a piece of equipment put on a horse's head to communicate with it while it is being ridden. A bridle is made up of two basic parts:
- A headstall, which serves as a hanger for a bit.
- A bit (or related piece of equipment such as a bosal, nose piece, etc.).
It's not uncommon to hear a headstall, by itself, referred to as a bridle. Technically, of course, this isn't correct but it's sometimes done when horse people - including the ones that know the difference - are speaking casually.
Below: The two main parts of a bridle.
A Breast Collar Is...
A breast collar is a piece of equipment added to a saddle that helps to keep the saddle in the proper place. A breast collar attaches to one side of the saddle, then goes across the front of the horse (aka the breast) and attaches to the other side of the saddle.
The primary job of a breast collar is to keep the saddle from sliding too far back, but it can also help to keep the saddle from tipping side-to-side. Breast collars are considered by many horse people in both English and Western riding disciplines to be an essential piece of equipment.
Below: A breast collar (yellow arrow) that matches the headstall.
Save The Bridle and Breast Collar For Later
If you find a bridle and breast collar set for sale on Etsy that you like but you're not ready to purchase it right away, you can always add it to your shopping cart so it will be easy to find later.
- In most cases, Etsy will keep track of items in your shopping cart for 30 days.
- In the meantime, if you want to check out with other items you can click on "Save for later" to move specific items to a separate, but still easy-to-find list beneath your shopping cart.
- If you put items into your Etsy shopping cart but don't check out after 30 days, Etsy will automatically move them to a "Save for later" area beneath your shopping cart. When you're ready to actually purchase any of these items, simply click "Move to cart" to put them back into your shopping cart and check out.
Important: Putting items in your Etsy shopping cart or "Save for later" list does NOT reserve them! It just makes them easier to find if they're still available when you come back.
Below: Screenshot image showing the "Save for later" and "Remove" links when an item is in the Etsy shopping cart.
You Might Also Like...
- Beaded Halters
- Beaded Headstalls
- Boots - Hoof
- Boots - Protective
- Breast Collars
- Bridle and Breast Collar Sets
- Bronc Halters
- Bucking Rolls
- Cowboy Night Latches
- Fly Masks
- Little S Hackamores
- Miniature Horse Harness
- Mohair Cinches
- Polo Wraps - Customized
- Romal Reins
- Rope Halters
- Roping Stirrups
- Saddle Bags
- Saddle Pads
- Shoo Flies
- SleekEZ Grooming Stick
- Slobber Straps
- Split Reins
- Western Breast Collars
- Western Cinches