Note: Links with green underlines are shopping links and will open in a new window
Cavallo Horse Boots For Sale
Below are Cavallo boots for sale on Amazon, eBay, and more. Cavallo makes several models of horse boots including the Simple, Sport, and Trek. They also make boots with two different sole styles, Regular and Slim. Please scroll down for more information on Cavallo boots, including the differences between the Simple, Sport, and Trek models, sole styles, and a Cavallo boot sizing chart.
Below: A Cavallo Simple horse boot.
Cavallo Boots On eBay - eBay usually offers an excellent selection of Cavallo boots in all styles.
Or, if you like Valley Vet and eBay, too, you can check out the bell boots in Valley Vet's eBay store.
See more: See all the Cavallo boots directly on Amazon.
Cavallo Simple, Sport, and Trek
Below are descriptions of three different models of Cavallo boots: The Simple, Sport, and Trek. The text in gray is a direct quote from the Cavallo website.
Cavallo Simple Boot
The Cavallo Simple boot is the "hiking boot" of the Cavallo line.
......the Multi-Purpose Hoof Boot, excellent for protecting your horse’s hooves on hard, rough terrain. The ultimate protection for the barefoot horse. Great for comfort for chronic pain or hoof sensitivity; rehabilitation from injuries, abscesses, navicular disease, laminitis / founder, punctures, sole bruising and contracted heels. Can be used for protection during trailering and breeding or taken on the trail as a "spare tire" for lost shoes.
Cavallo Sport Boot
Sleek, lightweight and stylish, with all the performance you would expect from Cavallo. Sport boots are ideal for lighter riding and a more oval hoof shape. Sport boots are a slightly narrower boot than the rounder Simple boot. Leather inside and out conforms comfortably to your horse’s bulbs. Sport boots are great for comfort for chronic pain and hoof sensitivity, rehabilitation from injuries, abscesses, navicular disease, laminitis/founder, punctures, sole bruising and contracted heels. Not just for riding, Sport boots can be used for protection during trailering and breeding or taken on the trail as a "spare tire" for lost shoes.
Cavallo Trek Boot
The newest addition to the Cavallo line of hoof boots. Trek is simple to put on and remove and stays securely on the hoof. The upper is made from Pro Mesh moulded TPU and patented RES Replaceable Velcro closure are both exclusive to Cavallo Hoof Boots. The honeycomb design of the Pro Mesh optimizes strength and minimizes weight. The regular sole accommodates a hoof that has a rounder shape while the slim sole fits a more oval shape hoof.
Cavallo Boots - Regular and Slim
Cavallo boots come in two different sole styles, Regular and Slim. Below is a description of their differences, followed by a list of things they have in common.
- Natural round shape
- Outside tread pattern supports the hoof wall
- All-terrain tread minimizes build-up of mud, sand and debris
- Excellent traction while still allowing natural movement
- Sole width same as sole length
- Fits a hoof with a more oval shape
- Built-in break over
- Surefooted low-profile sole
- Unique tread pattern supports frog
- Innovative sole design for natural heel (skid) break
- Sole width is 1/4 inch (5mm) narrower than sole length
- Specially formulated high performance thermo plastic urethane (TPU) compound provides total hoof protection, shock absorption and abrasion resistance
- Built-in sole relief: Integrated high density inner rim supports load-bearing hoof wall, relieving minimum pressure off sole, bars and frog
- Built-in drainage for water, mud and sand
- Moulded in back flap for bulb protection and abrasion resistance
- Rust proof metal and waterproof thread
Below: Cavallo Simple boots on a horse before a trail ride in rocky, hilly, terrain.
What Size Cavallo Boot?
To determine what size Cavallo Boot your horse needs, simply:
- Measure the bottom of your horse's foot, in inches, from the buttress line to the toe. Do not include the bulbs of the heel in the measurement (see the image below).
- Cavallo recommends measuring the hoof after a fresh trim.
- After measuring use the chart in the image below to determine the size of boot.
Below: A Cavallo boot size chart from a Cavallo boot box.
For a handy, printable diagram you can use to measure your horse's hoof, you can see this page on the Cavallo website:
Note: If you use the above link to print the chart provided by Cavallo, make sure your printer prints the chart in the correct size! Sometimes printer settings will print a page with the information on it being smaller or larger than the actual size. If this happens to you, your chart will give you incorrect information about what size Cavallo boot your horse should wear. (Tip: On most printers, you will usually print at the actual size if you print at 100% with no page scaling.) Cavallo recommends that you compare the printed chart to a ruler or tape measure to make sure the measurements are accurate.
A Cavallo boot that fits correctly will not need to be forced onto the horse's hoof. If it takes too much muscle to get the boot onto the horse's hoof, the boot is too small. In addition, a boot that rotates around the hoof is too large. Wiggle room, however, is ok: Remember, the hoof will expand during movement and when bearing weight.
Cavallo Boot Fitting Video
Here's a video by Cavallo on how to measure and fit a Cavallo boot. It pretty much covers the points we mentioned in the paragraphs above, but it's nice to see it in action:
Save The Cavallo Boots For Later
If you find some Cavallo boots you like but you're not ready to purchase tehm right away, you can always add them to your shopping cart so they will be easy to find later.
- In most cases, Amazon.com will keep track of your boots, and anything else in your shopping cart, for 90 days.
- Later on, if you decide you don't want the item(s) after all, it's easy to click "delete" and remove them from your cart.
- In the meantime, if you want to check out with other items, click "Save for later" to move the items to a separate, but still easy-to-find list beneath your shopping cart.
Important: Putting Cavallo Simple boots in your Amazon shopping cart or "Save for later" list does NOT reserve them! It just makes them easier to find if they are still in stock when you come back.
Below: Screenshot image showing the "delete" and "Save for later" links when an item is in the Amazon shopping cart.
You Might Also Like...
Link To This Page
If you found this page useful or interesing and would like to link to it from your own website or blog, you can use the small code snippet below to make a link. Thanks!
Use ctrl+C in Windows or command+C on a Mac to copy the link.
Below: Like and share this page on Facebook!