Below are Western style horse headstalls for sale.
A headstall is a hanger put on a horse's head used for holding a bit, bosal, nose piece, or other piece of equipment to guide a horse while riding. When a headstall is combined with a bit (or nose piece, etc.) the combination is known as a bridle. For more information about headstalls please scroll down beneath the items for sale. You might also like to see bridle and breast collar sets.
Below: A roan horse wears a browband headstall with a snaffle bit, slobber straps, and a nylon mecate.
From eBay, Etsy, and Amazon
Specific Types of Headstalls
If you'd like to narrow your search you can use the links below to see specific types of headstalls. All of the links below will open directly on the Etsy website.
The Main Parts Of A Horse Headstall
A headstall is a hanger put on a horse's head used for holding a bit, bosal, nose piece, or other piece of equipment to control a horse while riding. When a headstall is combined with a bit (or bosal, nose piece, etc.) the combination is known as a bridle.
Below is a photo of a bridle with a leather headstall. The main parts of a headstall are:
- Crown piece. The crown piece goes over the top of the horse's head, behind its ears. As the crown piece extends down the side of the horse's head it meets up with the cheek pieces.
- The browband. Not all headstalls have a browband, but they are very common. The browband goes in front of the horse's ears, across the brow. Its purpose is to keep the headstall from sliding down the horse's neck while riding.
- Throatlatch. Not all headstalls have a throatlatch, but they are also very common. The throatlatch goes underneath the horse's head behind the throat.
- Cheek pieces. The cheek pieces buckle onto the crown piece then continue on down each side of the horse's head, or cheeks. Cheek pieces have fasteners of some type at the bottom in order to attach a bit, bosal, or nose piece. The type of fasteners can vary widely.
Save The Headstall For Later
If you find a headstall for sale on Etsy that you like but you're not ready to purchase it right away, you can always add it to your shopping cart so it will be easy to find later.
- In most cases, Etsy will keep track of items in your shopping cart for 30 days.
- In the meantime, if you want to check out with other items you can click on "Save for later" to move specific items to a separate, but still easy-to-find list beneath your shopping cart.
- If you put items into your Etsy shopping cart but don't check out after 30 days, Etsy will automatically move them to the "Save for later" area beneath your cart. When you're ready to actually purchase any of these items, simply click "Move to cart" to put them back into your shopping cart and check out.
Important: Putting items in your Etsy shopping cart or "Save for later" list does NOT reserve them! It just makes them easier to find if they're still available when you come back.
Below: Screenshot image showing the "Save for later" and "Remove" links when an item is in the Etsy shopping cart.
You Might Also Like...
- Beaded Halters
- Beaded Headstalls
- Boots - Hoof
- Boots - Protective
- Breast Collars
- Bridle and Breast Collar Sets
- Bronc Halters
- Bucking Rolls
- Cowboy Night Latches
- Fly Masks
- Little S Hackamores
- Miniature Horse Harness
- Mohair Cinches
- Polo Wraps - Customized
- Romal Reins
- Rope Halters
- Roping Stirrups
- Saddle Bags
- Saddle Pads
- Shoo Flies
- SleekEZ Grooming Stick
- Slobber Straps
- Split Reins
- Western Breast Collars
- Western Cinches