Cheap barrel saddles for serious barrel racers on a budget. New and used barrel racing saddles at affordable prices.
- The barrel saddles below are are priced up to approximately $1,200.00.
- The barrel saddles below are for sale from several major online sellers.
- The saddles are mostly new, but some may be used.
- Smart shopping allows you to control what you spend and stay within your budget.
- Shipping charges may or may not be extra.
- A cheap barrel racing saddle does not mean it has to be poorly made. If you shop wisely and patiently you can often find what you are looking for in good quality at an affordable price.
Comparison Shop For Affordable Barrel Saddles
Below are cheap barrel saddles for sale from eBay and HorseSaddleShop that are priced at approximately $1,200.00 or less.
See more barrel saddles (mostly less than $1,200.00) on HorseSaddleShop
See more barrel saddles (mostly less than $1,200.00) on eBay
- HorseSaddleShop is one of the largest saddle dealers in the country. Almost every saddle they carry is in stock and ships the same day.
- Most of the saddles shown are new, but some might be used.
- Shipping is almost always included in the price for locations in the continental USA.
- Many (most?) of their saddles have customer reviews, which can provide helpful information when you’re shopping for a saddle.
About Cheap Barrel Saddles On eBay
If a price on a barrel racing saddle seems too good to be true, you might need to be cautious of the quality of the saddle. Good quality barrel saddles at affordable prices are out there, but so are bad ones. Approach a barrel saddles with a “too good to be true” price cautiously.
More Cheap Barrel Saddles?
Another great source for finding a barrel saddle on a budget is to shop saddles on clearance. Below is a link to HorseSaddleShop’s clearance saddle page. This page will have a variety of saddles – not just barrel saddles – and prices may or may not be within your budget. Even so, this page often offers some good deals and might be worth checking out.
Clearance saddles at HorseSaddleShop
StateLineTack also has a great clearance page. It offers all kinds of barn supplies, tack, apparel, etc. – not just saddles – but we’ve noticed discounts on all kinds of items from 10% to over 50%. It’s usually not a great page to find a cheap barrel saddle, but you can often find other good (or great) deals.
Clearance items at StateLineTack
Barrel racing is a competitive event in which a horse and rider run a cloverleaf pattern around three barrels. It is a timed event in which the fastest time wins. Though most recognized as a sport more commonly competed in by women than men, depending on what (if any) governing body sanctions a barrel race the rider may be either male or female.
In barrel racing, the rider has the choice of turning either the right or left barrel first. It is most common to take the right barrel first because most horses are naturally more athletic when working to their left. By taking the right barrel first the horse will have one right-hand turn (the first barrel), and two left-hand turns (the second and third barrels).
Below: This illustration shows shows the barrel racing pattern with the right barrel being turned first.
Penalties can be incurred during a barrel racing run. One of the most common penalties is incurred when a rider knocks over a barrel. Depending on the set of rules used, knocking over a barrel commonly adds 5 seconds to the run’s time, or the run is given a no time.
Another common penalty is incurred if the barrel racer “breaks the pattern” (which means they don’t run around all three barrels in the manner described by the rules), or if they cross back across the start/finish line before the pattern is complete. If a barrel racer breaks the pattern, they typically receive a no time.
You might also like: