The Circle Y Walnut Grove trail riding saddle has a definite cowboy look to it. It has a slick fork, rounded skirt, beautiful floral tooling with border detailing, and iron conchos featuring a bronc riding cowboy.
Even though it has a “cowboy” look, it’s a trail riding saddle through and through with Circle Y’s patented Flex2 saddle tree (more on this below), padded seat, Softee leather on the seat jockeys and stirrup fenders, and more.
For more information about the Circle Y Walnut Grove trail saddle please scroll down beneath the saddles for sale.
Note: If you’d prefer a Circle Y trail saddle with less of a cowboy look, you might like the Circle Y Topeka Trail.
Below: The Circle Y Walnut Grove Trail Saddle.
Comparison Shop For Circle Y Walnut Grove Trail Saddles
Below are Circle Y Walnut Grove trail saddles for sale from major online sellers. This page makes it easy to compare prices in order to shop for the best deal. Most of the saddles are new, but occasionally some will be used.
Reviews: Horse Saddle Shop has reviews on most of their saddles. To see reviews of the Walnut Grove trail saddle, click on one of the choices below from Horse Saddle Shop, then look for the reviews near the saddle.
From eBay and HorseSaddleShop
Keep in mind that the saddles on eBay are usually as-is. However, the Walnut Groves from HorseSaddleShop let you choose your seat size, color, and saddle tree.
About Saddles On HorseSaddleShop
- HorseSaddleShop is one of the largest saddle dealers in the country. Almost every saddle they carry is in stock and ships the same day.
- Most of the saddles shown are new, but some might be used.
- Shipping is almost always included in the price for locations in the continental USA.
- Many (most?) of their saddles have customer reviews, which can provide helpful information when you’re shopping for a saddle.
About The Walnut Grove Trail Saddle By Circle Y
The Circle Y Walnut Grove is a trail riding saddle which resembles the look of a classic, working cowboy Wade saddle. Here is more information about the Walnut Grove Flex2 trail saddle:
- Maker: Circle Y saddlery in Yoakum, Texas. Circle Y has been making fine quality saddles since 1960.
- Tree: The patented Circle Y “Flex2,” which allows flexibility for the horse and a sturdy but lightweight tree for the rider.
- Rigging: 3-way adjustable in skirt.
- Softee leather on the seat jockeys and stirrup fenders. Circle Y’s Softee leather is real, full-grain leather with a broken-in feel. Softee seat jockeys and stirrups fenders are ready to ride, comfortably, right out of the box.
- The Walnut Grove has what Circle Y calls their “tunnel skirt” design, which is an open channel underneath the saddle along the horse’s spine. This allows for increased air flow and keeps the spine free of potential pressure.
- Iron conchos with a bucking horse and cowboy design.
- Herman Oak Leather.
- Cantle: 5 inches.
- Horn Size: 3 inch neck; 3.5 inch cap
- Color: Regular oil or Walnut.
- Tooling: Floral tooling with border detailing.
- Weight: Approximately 26 pounds.
HorseSaddleShop.com image. Used with permission.
The Circle Y Patented Flex2 Saddle Tree and the Walnut Grove
The Circle Y Walnut Grove trail saddle uses Circle Y’s patented Flex2 saddle tree. The Flex2 tree is an innovative design featuring increased comfort for both horse and rider.
The Flex2 has a “dual bar” saddle tree with a rigid, high density bar and a flexible, low density bar.
- The high density bar is rigid and supports the rider’s weight.
- The low density bar is flexible, and “gives” up front by the horse’s shoulder and at the back of the tree also. This allows for greater comfort and freedom of movement for the horse.
Even though the Flex2 has some flexibility to it, it does not over flex and supports riders of all weights. It is a lightweight saddle tree that is covered in DuraHide for extra strength and stability in temperature extremes.
For a look at the Flex2, you can see the Circle Y video below featuring Julie Goodnight.
You might also like: