Below are new, and sometimes a few used, Tucker Horizon Trail Head saddles for sale.
The Trail Head is part of the Tucker Horizon series, popular for (among other things) their advanced saddle tree system and their ergonomic shock absorbing seats. For more about the Tucker Trail Head saddle, please scroll down beneath the saddles for sale.
You might also like: The Tucker Horizon North Star (higher cantle and higher saddle horn than the Trail Head).
Below: A Tucker Horizon Trail Head 271 from HorseSaddleShop.
HorseSaddleShop.com image. Used with permission.
From eBay and HorseSaddleShop
Note: If eBay doesn’t have any Tucker Horizon Trail Head saddles, other Tucker saddles will be shown.
See the Tucker Horizon Trail Head on HorseSaddleShop
See more Tucker Horizon saddles on eBay
- HorseSaddleShop is one of the largest saddle dealers in the country. Almost every saddle they carry is in stock and ships the same day.
- Most of the saddles shown are new, but some might be used.
- Shipping is almost always included in the price for locations in the continental USA.
- Many (most?) of their saddles have customer reviews, which can provide helpful information when you’re shopping for a saddle.
About The Tucker Trail Head 271
- Made with English bridle leather that provides a luxurious, supple feel out of the box.
- The “Tri-tech fit system” is designed to provide hours of riding comfort for your horse. The base provides modest flexibility to accommodate conformational variances in a horse’s back, and the skirt includes a flexible panel to maximize weight distribution and help eliminate pressure points.
- 4 inch cantle
- 2 inch high saddle horn
- Full skirt
- Skirt: 26″ Full
- Rigging: In-skirt with single front dee and straight rear dee
- Weight: Approximately 31 pounds
NOTE: The seat size, color, and saddle tree options shown below are usually not available from an eBay seller. To choose these options, shop for the Tucker Horizon Trail Head on HorseSaddleShop.
- Seat Size: Several to choose from.
- Color: Brown or black (each comes with a black seat).
- Tree: Medium, wide, or extra wide.
Tucker Horizon Video
The short video below (2:19) gives a nice overview of the Tucker Horizon series saddle (the Tucker Trail Head is part of the Horizon Series). It gives a quick look at a Horizon series saddle being built, and in particular talks about the saddle seat and tree.
Tucker Saddle Seat Size Chart
If you’ve never owned or sat in a Tucker saddle before you will probably want to take a look at their seat sizing chart to help determine what size seat you will need. That’s because most riders need a seat that is slightly larger in a Tucker saddle compared to most other Western saddles due to the padding in Tucker seats. In general, most people riding in a Tucker Western saddle (with a saddle horn) will need a seat 1/2″ larger than typical for other Western saddles.
This chart, courtesy of HorseSaddleShop, can help you out: Tucker Seat Sizing Chart.
You might also like: