The Circle Y Julie Goodnight Monarch saddle is a beautiful, versatile saddle.
The Monarch is designed to be a terrific saddle for the trail, or in the arena for cow work, reining, or Western dressage. It’s durable, but beautiful enough for arena performance. It includes such features as:
- A leather skirt liner that replaces the standard fleece lining on most saddles with gel bar pads.
- A Tunnel Skirt to eliminate pressure on the horse’s spine.
- Close contact, cut-out saddle skirts.
- Pre-twisted stirrup leathers.
- A square skirt with a hand-tooled leaf pattern and diamond border.
- Circle Y’s Flex2 saddle tree.
The Julie Goodnight Monarch saddle is part of a line of “Peak Performance” saddles designed and ridden by Julie Goodnight and made by Circle Y Saddlery. The Peak Performance line of saddles were designed to Goodnight’s specifications and riding requirements. For more information about the Monarch saddle, please scroll down beneath the saddles for sale.
Below: The Julie Goodnight Monarch saddle by Circle Y. This one’s from Horse Saddle Shop.
- Note: The Circle Y Monarch and the Circle Y Wind River are very similar saddles.
- The Monarch (on this page) has a square skirt.
- The Wind River has a round skirt. See the Circle Y Wind River trail saddle.
Shopping For the Julie Goodnight Monarch Saddle By Circle Y
Below are Circle Y Monarch trail riding saddles for sale from a variety of sellers which usually include eBay and Horse Saddle Shop, and sometimes Amazon. This page lets you look at the saddles for sale and easily compare prices.
From eBay and HorseSaddleShop
- HorseSaddleShop is one of the largest saddle dealers in the country. Almost every saddle they carry is in stock and ships the same day.
- Most of the saddles shown are new, but some might be used.
- Shipping is almost always included in the price for locations in the continental USA.
- Many (most?) of their saddles have customer reviews, which can provide helpful information when you’re shopping for a saddle.
Looking For Reviews?
Looking for reviews on the Monarch trail saddle? This page on HorseSaddleShop has several reviews from customers that have purchased the Monarch saddle.
About The Monarch Saddle
- Seat Size: 14 inch – 17 inch.
- Color: Walnut, Regular Oil, Black.
- Tree: Regular and wide.
- Seat: Impact Foam padded saddle seat.
- Stirrups / Stirrup Leathers: ErgoBalance Stirrups (EBS) tilt the stirrups to eliminate torque on the riders knees and ankles. Pre-twisted stirrup leathers also help to reduce knee and ankle fatigue.
- Cantle Height: 3 1/2 inches.
- Horn Size: 2 1/4 inches neck.
- Rigging: 3-way adjustable in-skirt rigging.
- Skirt: Square. Prefer a round skirt? Check out the Circle Y Julie Goodnight Wind River Trail Saddle. It’s very similar to the Monarch Trail but has a round skirt.
- Weight: Approximately 32 pounds.
You might also like: