The Circle Y Julie Goodnight Wind River trail riding saddle is part of the “Peak Performance” line of saddles designed and ridden by Julie Goodnight, and made by Circle Y Saddlery.
Below: The Julie Goodnight Wind River Trail Saddle made by Circle Y. This one’s from Horse Saddle Shop where you can choose from options such as seat size and tree width.
HorseSaddleShop.com image. Used with permission.
Shopping For the Julie Goodnight Wind River Saddle By Circle Y
Below are Circle Y Wind River trail riding saddles for sale from a variety of sellers which might include eBay, Amazon, State Line Tack, and Horse Saddle Shop. This page lets you look at the saddles for sale and easily compare prices.
NOTE: On eBay, shipping may or may not be included in the price shown. However, saddles from HorseSaddleShop have shipping included in the price shown. In addition, saddles shown on eBay are often – but not always – shown without options. (For example, if a saddle is offered in a 16 inch seat, you often don’t have the option for a different seat size.) In contrast, at HorseSaddleShop you can select seat size, saddle tree width, and color.
About The Wind River Trail Saddle On HorseSaddleShop
- HorseSaddleShop is one of the largest saddle dealers in the country. Almost every saddle they carry is in stock and ships the same day.
- Most of the saddles shown are new, but some might be used.
- Shipping is almost always included in the price for locations in the continental USA.
- Many (most?) of their saddles have customer reviews, which can provide helpful information when you’re shopping for a saddle.
Wind River Reviews
Looking for reviews on the Wind River? This page on HorseSaddleShop has several reviews from customers that have purchased the Wind River saddle.
About The Wind River Trail Saddle
- Seat Size: 14 inch – 17 inch.
- Color: Walnut, Regular Oil, Black.
- Tree: Flex2 Trail regular and Flex2 Trail wide.
- Seat: Impact Foam padded saddle seat.
- Stirrups / Stirrup Leathers: ErgoBalance Stirrups (EBS) tilt the stirrups to eliminate torque on the riders knees and ankles. Pre-twisted stirrup leathers also help to reduce knee and ankle fatigue.
- Cantle Height: 3 1/2 inches.
- Horn Size: 2 1/4 inches neck.
- Rigging: 3-way adjustable in-skirt rigging.
- Skirt: Round. Prefer a square skirt? Check out the Circle Y Julie Goodnight Monarch Trail Saddle. It’s very similar to the Wind River but has a square skirt.
- Weight: Approximately 32 pounds.
What Is a Julie Goodnight “Peak Performance” Saddle?
The Peak Performance line of saddles were designed to Goodnight’s specifications and riding requirements. The Wind River saddle was made with trail riders in mind and includes such features as:
- A leather skirt liner (which replaces the standard fleece lining on most saddles) with gel bar pads
- A Tunnel Skirt to eliminate pressure on the horse’s spine
- Close contact, cut-out saddle skirts
- A padded seat
- Pre-twisted stirrup leathers
- A round skirt
- Circle Y’s Flex2 saddle tree
The Wind River vs The Monarch
The Wind River trail saddle is often compared to the Monarch saddle, another Julie Goodnight saddle made by Circle Y. In the video below, Ms. Goodnight explains the difference between the two saddles is the cut of the saddle skirt:
- The Wind River has a round skirt. This is a useful feature for many short-backed horses, or for riders that simple prefer a round skirt.
- The Monarch has a square skirt for a more traditional appearance.
If you would like to know more about the features of these two excellent saddles, the video below has a lot of useful information.
You might also like: