Below are new, and sometimes used, Tucker “Big Bend” trail riding saddles for sale. The Tucker Big Bend is made for the larger rider with a wider seat pocket and flatter seat for more seating area. And it has Tucker’s patented Gel-Cush™ Shock Absorbing seat for hours of riding comfort. Made in the USA by Tucker Saddlery in Yoakum, Texas. For more about the Tucker Big Bend, please scroll down beneath the saddles for sale.
Below: A Tucker “Big Bend”from HorseSaddleShop.
HorseSaddleShop.com image. Used with permission.
Below are Tucker Big Bend saddles on HorseSaddleShop. They usually have a very reliable selection and the most competitive prices. Most of the Tucker Big Bend’s from Horse Saddle Shop are new, but once in a while there might be a used one.
- HorseSaddleShop is one of the largest saddle dealers in the country. Almost every
saddle they carry is in stock and ships the same day.
- Most of the saddles shown are new, but some might be used.
- Shipping is almost always included in the price for locations in the continental USA.
- Some saddles by HorseSaddleShop are listed twice. Why? It’s because HorseSaddleShop is one business (located in Bremen, Indiana), with two websites (HorseSaddleShop.com and eSaddles.com), and they often show the same saddle on both websites. In case one website would have a better deal on a saddle, saddles from both websites are shown.
Below are Tucker Big Bend trail saddles on eBay (if any), followed by other Tucker trail riding saddles. There is usually a good selection of both new, and sometimes used, Tucker saddles. Be sure to read each individual saddle’s description to find out if shipping charges are included in the price or extra.
StateLineTack may or may not have the Tucker Big Bend saddle, and/or other Tucker saddles. They usually do have an excellent choice of Tucker tack and accessories. The link below will take you to their website to see Tucker trail saddles (if any) and other Tucker items.
About The Tucker Big Bend
The Tucker Big Bend trail saddle is made with the larger rider in mind. It has a a wider seat pocket and flatter seat for more seating area. And it has Tucker’s patented Gel-Cush™ Shock Absorbing seat for hours of riding comfort.
- Seat sizes from 15 1/2 inches to 18 1/2 inches.
- Choice of color and hardware.
- Tree sizes: Medium, wide, or extra wide.
- Skirting: Round, square, or square tooled.
- 3 inch saddle horn.
- 4 1/2 inch cantle.
- Stirrup fenders: Western (2.5″ wide stirrup leathers) or Trail (1.5″ wide stirrup leathers). Note: The “leathers” are the long pieces of leather that attach the stirrups to the saddle tree. On many Western saddles they’re not easily seen because they’re covered by the stirrup fenders. (If you’ve ever adjusted the length of your stirrups, the buckle that you adjust is attached to the leathers.) Wider leathers provide more stability for your legs, while narrower ones offer greater freedom of movement.
- Weight: Approximately 29 pounds.
Tucker Saddle Seat Size Chart
If you’ve never owned or sat in a Tucker saddle before you will probably want to take a look at their seat sizing chart to help determine what size seat you will need. That’s because most riders need a seat that is slightly larger in a Tucker saddle compared to most other Western saddles due to the padding in Tucker seats. In general, most people riding in a Tucker Western saddle (with a saddle horn) will need a seat 1/2″ larger than typical for other Western saddles.
This chart, courtesy of HorseSaddleShop, can help you out: Tucker Seat Sizing Chart.
You might also like:
- If you’d like to shop for a trail saddle by specifications (weight, tree, etc.) you might like
Trail Saddles By Specifications.