Below are new, and sometimes a few used, Tucker Horizon Trail Head saddles for sale. The Trail Head is part of the Tucker Horizon series, popular for (among other things) their advanced saddle tree system and their ergonomic shock absorbing seats. For more about the Tucker Trail Head saddle, please scroll down beneath the saddles for sale.
Below: A Tucker Horizon Trail Head 271 from HorseSaddleShop.
HorseSaddleShop.com image. Used with permission.
Below are Tucker Horizon series Trail Head saddles on HorseSaddleShop. They usually have the best price around on the Trail Head.
- HorseSaddleShop is one of the largest saddle dealers in the country. Almost every
saddle they carry is in stock and ships the same day.
- Most of the saddles shown are new, but some might be used.
- Shipping is almost always included in the price for locations in the continental USA.
- Some saddles by HorseSaddleShop are listed twice. Why? It’s because HorseSaddleShop is one business (located in Bremen, Indiana), with two websites (HorseSaddleShop.com and eSaddles.com), and they often show the same saddle on both websites. In case one website would have a better deal on a saddle, saddles from both websites are shown.
Below are several different Tucker Horizon saddles on eBay. This will include the Trail Head (if there are any) and also other Tucker Horizon saddles. Most of the saddles we’ve seen are new, but eBay is an excellent place to look for used ones, too. On eBay, shipping charges may or may not be included in the price of the saddle. Be sure to read each individual saddle’s description carefully to find out if shipping charges are included in the price or extra.
While we’ve noticed Tucker tack and saddles on StateLineTack, we haven’t noticed any Tucker Horizon saddles. If you’d like to take a look, though, the link below will take you to their Tucker saddles.
About The Tucker Trail Head 271
- Made with English bridle leather that provides a luxurious, supple feel out of the box.
- The “Tri-tech fit system” is designed to provide hours of riding comfort for your horse. The base provides modest flexibility to accommodate conformational variances in a horse’s back, and the skirt includes a flexible panel to maximize weight distribution and help eliminate pressure points.
- Tree: Medium, wide, or extra wide.
- Color: Brown or black (each comes with a black seat).
- 4 inch cantle
- 2 inch high saddle horn
- Full skirt
- Skirt: 26″ Full
- Rigging: In-skirt with single front dee and straight rear dee
- Weight: Approximately 31 pounds
Tucker Horizon Video
The short video below (2:19) gives a nice overview of the Tucker Horizon series saddle (the Tucker Trail Head is part of the Horizon Series). It gives a quick look at a Horizon series saddle being built, and in particular talks about the saddle seat and tree.
Tucker Saddle Seat Size Chart
If you’ve never owned or sat in a Tucker saddle before you will probably want to take a look at their seat sizing chart to help determine what size seat you will need. That’s because most riders need a seat that is slightly larger in a Tucker saddle compared to most other Western saddles due to the padding in Tucker seats. In general, most people riding in a Tucker Western saddle (with a saddle horn) will need a seat 1/2″ larger than typical for other Western saddles.
This chart, courtesy of HorseSaddleShop, can help you out: Tucker Seat Sizing Chart.
You might also like:
- If you’d like to shop for a trail saddle by specifications (weight, tree, etc.) you might like
Trail Saddles By Specifications.