Cheap barrel saddles for serious barrel racers on a budget. New and used barrel racing saddles at affordable prices.
- The barrel saddles below are for sale on eBay and Amazon. The new saddles are priced up to $600.00; the used saddles are sometimes higher.
- The saddles are mostly new, but some may be used.
- Smart shopping allows you to control what you spend and stay within your budget.
- Shipping charges may or may not be extra.
- A cheap barrel racing saddle does not mean it has to be poorly made. If you shop wisely and patiently you can often find what you are looking for in good quality at an affordable price.
Comparison Shop For Affordable Barrel Saddles
Below are cheap barrel saddles for sale from eBay and Amazon (usually priced at $600.00 or less).
From eBay and Amazon
About Cheap Barrel Saddles On eBay
- eBay often has the largest selection of barrel racing saddles on the Web.
- The saddles are both new and used.
- The saddles above have a current price or bid less than $600.00. The final price could be higher.
- Shipping charges may or may not be extra – read the description on each saddle to find out.
About Cheap Barrel Saddles On Amazon
Amazon carries a wide variety of saddles in all price ranges. The ones shown above are usually priced at $600.00 or less. If a price seems too good to be true, you might need to be cautious of the quality of the saddle.
More Cheap Barrel Saddles?
While eBay and Amazon are both good sources for finding a barrel saddle on a budget, depending on how flexible your spending can be there might be a few more choices out there. Below is a link to HorseSaddleShop’s clearance saddle page. This page will have a variety of saddles – not just barrel saddles – and prices are likely to be higher than $600.00. Even so, this page often offers some good deals and might be worth checking out.
StateLineTack also has a great clearance page. It offers all kinds of barn supplies, tack, apparel, etc. – not just saddles – but we’ve noticed discounts on all kinds of items from 10% to over 50%. It’s usually not a great page to find a cheap barrel saddle, but you can often find other good (or great) deals.
Barrel racing is a competitive event in which a horse and rider run a cloverleaf pattern around three barrels. It is a timed event in which the fastest time wins. Though most recognized as a sport more commonly competed in by women than men, depending on what (if any) governing body sanctions a barrel race the rider may be either male or female.
In barrel racing, the rider has the choice of turning either the right or left barrel first. It is most common to take the right barrel first because most horses are naturally more athletic when working to their left. By taking the right barrel first the horse will have one right-hand turn (the first barrel), and two left-hand turns (the second and third barrels).
Below: This illustration shows shows the barrel racing pattern with the right barrel being turned first.
Penalties can be incurred during a barrel racing run. One of the most common penalties is incurred when a rider knocks over a barrel. Depending on the set of rules used, knocking over a barrel commonly adds 5 seconds to the run’s time, or the run is given a no time.
Another common penalty is incurred if the barrel racer “breaks the pattern” (which means they don’t run around all three barrels in the manner described by the rules), or if they cross back across the start/finish line before the pattern is complete. If a barrel racer breaks the pattern, they typically receive a no time.
You might also like: