The Circle Y Walnut Grove trail riding saddle is a trail saddle with a definite cowboy look to it.
The Walnut Grove has a slick fork, rounded skirt, beautiful floral tooling with border detailing, and iron conchos featuring a bronc riding cowboy. Even though it has a “cowboy” look, it’s a trail riding saddle through and through with Circle Y’s patented Flex2 saddle tree (more on this below), padded seat, Softee leather on the seat jockeys and stirrup fenders, and more.
For more information about the Circle Y Walnut Grove trail saddle please scroll down beneath the saddles for sale.
Note: If you’d prefer a Circle Y trail saddle with less of a cowboy look, you might like the Circle Y Topeka Trail.
Below: The Circle Y Walnut Grove Trail Saddle.
HorseSaddleShop.com image. Used with permission.
Comparison Shop For Circle Y Walnut Grove Trail Saddles
Below are Circle Y Walnut Grove trail saddles for sale from major online sellers Amazon, HorseSaddleShop, and State Line Tack. This page makes it easy to compare prices in order to shop for the best deal. Most of the saddles are new, but occasionally some will be used.
Reviews: Horse Saddle Shop has reviews on most of their saddles. To see reviews of the Walnut Grove trail saddle, click on one of the choices from Horse Saddle Shop below, then look for the reviews beneath the saddle.
In case you’re not familiar with HorseSaddleShop:
- HorseSaddleShop is one of the largest saddle dealers in the country. Almost every
saddle they carry is in stock and ships the same day.
- Most of the saddles shown are new, but some might be used.
- Shipping is almost always included in the price for locations in the continental USA.
- Some saddles by HorseSaddleShop are listed twice. Why? It’s because HorseSaddleShop is one business (located in Bremen, Indiana), with two websites (HorseSaddleShop.com and eSaddles.com), and they often show the same saddle on both websites. In case one website would have a better deal on a saddle, saddles from both websites are shown.
From eBay and Amazon
eBay often has a good selection of Circle Y Walnut Grove trail saddles. However, the best deals are usually from HorseSaddleShop (in the list of saddles above).
About The Walnut Grove Trail Saddle By Circle Y
The Circle Y Walnut Grove is a trail riding saddle which resembles the look of a classic, working cowboy Wade saddle. Here is more information about the Walnut Grove Flex2 trail saddle:
- Maker: Circle Y saddlery in Yoakum, Texas. Circle Y has been making fine quality saddles since 1960.
- Tree: The patented Circle Y “Flex2,” which allows flexibility for the horse and a sturdy but lightweight tree for the rider.
- Rigging: 3-way adjustable in skirt.
- Softee leather on the seat jockeys and stirrup fenders. Circle Y’s Softee leather is real, full-grain leather with a broken in feel. Softee seat jockeys and stirrups fenders are ready to ride – comfortably – right out of the box.
- The Walnut Grove has what Circle Y calls their “tunnel skirt” design, which is an open channel underneath the saddle along the horse’s spine. This allows for increased air flow and keeps the spine free of potential pressure.
- Iron conchos with a bucking horse and cowboy design.
- Herman Oak Leather.
- Cantle: 5 inches.
- Horn Size: 3 inch neck; 3.5 inch cap
- Color: Regular oil or Walnut.
- Tooling: Floral tooling with border detailing.
- Weight: Approximately 26 pounds.
The Circle Y Patented Flex2 Saddle Tree and the Walnut Grove
The Circle Y Walnut Grove trail saddle uses Circle Y’s patented Flex2 saddle tree. The Flex2 tree is an innovative design featuring increased comfort for both horse and rider.
The Flex2 has a “dual bar” saddle tree with a rigid, high density bar and a flexible, low density bar.
- The high density bar is rigid and supports the rider’s weight.
- The low density bar is flexible, and “gives” up front by the horse’s shoulder and at the back of the tree also. This allows for greater comfort and freedom of movement for the horse.
Even though the Flex2 has some flexibility to it, it does not over flex and supports riders of all weights. It is a lightweight saddle tree that is covered in DuraHide for extra strength and stability in temperature extremes.
For a look at the Flex2, you can see the Circle Y video below featuring Julie Goodnight.
You might also like:
- If you’d like to shop for a trail saddle by specifications (weight, tree, etc.) you might like
Trail Saddles By Specifications.