What is a Wade mule saddle?
- A “Wade” is a style of fork in a saddle tree.
- A “mule” is a cross between and Jack (male donkey) and a mare (female horse).
A Wade mule saddle, then, is a saddle with a tree that has a Wade fork, and bars designed to better fit a mule than a horse. Below are Wade mule saddles for sale.
Below: Two mules with saddles.
Shop For Wade Mule Saddle
Below are Wade mule saddles from several major online sellers. This page lets you compare prices and selection in one location.
- HorseSaddleShop is one of the largest saddle dealers in the country. Almost every saddle they carry is in stock and ships the same day.
- Most of the saddles shown are new, but some might be used.
- Shipping is almost always included in the price for locations in the continental USA.
- Many (most?) of their saddles have customer reviews, which can provide helpful information when you’re shopping for a saddle.
In the past we’ve found very few Wade mule saddles on eBay. But their listings change daily so one could show up any time. If you’d like to check, you can use the link below.
When we’ve visited StateLineTack we haven’t noticed them carrying Wade mule saddles. Mule saddles, yes, but not Wade mule saddles. However, things change, and if you’d like to check with them you can use the link below.
Below is a photo of a donkey (burro) wearing a slick fork saddle. A mule is a cross between a male donkey and a female horse. A mule often benefits with a saddle built for its conformation as opposed to a horse’s conformation.
Below: A donkey (burro) wearing a slick fork saddle.
About the photo: Black and white photo, circa 1900, part of the California Historical Society Collection. Public domain image.
You might also like: